Monday, June 6, 2011

A Boomerang Tilted in the Correct Direction is a Smile

Some good things have come my way in the last week or so, which is nice because I was beginning to despair again, but the universe has tilted in my favor and gumption has paid off. After a few nerve wracking days of HR trying to get a hold of me, she finally showed up "to say hi" today. I know I haven't done anything wrong, but with the last few months of drama fueled HR visits and despicable old lady behavior I was worried accusations were flying again.

But my worry was undue, much to my relief. HR pulled me into the conference room for a chat and suggested I apply for a job, a higher paying, full-time, more important job. HR thought of me when making the job posting and personally invited me to apply (that is redundant, I know, but I'm still waiting for it to sink in).

I filled out my application and giggled a little bit, half of the application is reminders that you have to be in your position for at least six months before you are allowed to apply for other positions within the company. I have not been with the company for six months, let alone in my position. Though not all rules apply all the time, I'm still super stoked that I'm breaking one that is laid out quite seriously in several places.

This opportunity has me feeling a very good at the moment, though I'm sure I've said as much already. It's acknowledgement that despite what that commentator on CNN says my college education wasn't a waste of time or money or paper (though thats removing the context of the article). It's vindication for my hard work and drive. This year and a half of unmentionable disgust is beginning to clean itself up. I am having a good day, I am having a good week, I am having a good month.

To the fortune cooking being 12 next Mondays late but correct nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment